What is CQP?
Consortium of Accredited Healthcare Organizations (CAHO) is committed to promote safer patient care. To achieve this objective CAHO has trained and certified more than one thousand professionals for quality implementation (CPQIH).
Having built the resource base and the necessary rapport with the accredited hospitals, CAHO is now promoting healthcare quality & safety through CAHO affiliated Centres for Quality Promotion (CQP). These are hospitals affiliated by CAHO as nodal centres to carry out the mission of promoting patient safety and accreditation by mentoring healthcare centres in their region.
Who can become a CQP?
- Only accredited/ certified hospitals can become CQP.
- The hospital should be a member of CAHO and should demonstrate visible commitment to Quality promotion.
- They should be ready to promote accreditation and handhold other hospitals in the region towards accreditation especially through technology.
- Presently, we have found IBHAR software very suitable for this purpose.
- CQP should sign a memorandum of understanding with CAHO and abide by the rules and regulations.
- Centre should have at least 2 Advance and 4 Basic Certified Professional for Quality Implementation in Hospitals (CPQIH).
- A one-time registration fee of Rs 5000 (< 100 Beds) and Rs 10000/- (>100 Beds) will be payable by CQP to CAHO.
- CQPs are expected to support CAHO in promoting training programs and annual events.
Role of CQP :
- To sensitize and create awareness of quality and accreditation to NABH. The CQP will conduct a monthly meeting to promote quality practices. The relevant personnel of the hospital should attend these meetings. They can invite hospitals in the region for these meetings. These meetings can be organised around the CAHO webinars or other training programs.
- To organize training programs at least once in three months.
- To provide support in annual conferences.
CQP centres will display their affiliation in prominent place in the hospital. They are permitted to put up their affiliation to CAHO in their websites.
The performance and conduct of the CQP will be reviewed by the advisory committee of CAHO. Independent feedback will be obtained by CAHO from the beneficiaries. The contract of CQP with CAHO will be reviewed once in two years and extended if the performance is good.
CAHO affiliated Centres for Quality Promotion
- Kalyani Kidney Centre, Erode,Tamil Nadu
- PES Institute of Medical Science & Research, Kuppam, Andhra Pradesh
- Bhagat Chandra Hospital, New Delhi
- Dr. Mehta's Hospitals, Chennai
- MS Ramaiah Memorial Hospital, Bangalore
- Bangalore Baptist Hospital
- Daya General Hospital, Thrissur, Kerela
- Rajagiri Hospital, Aluva
- Aster MIMS, Calicut
- Zamindar Microsurgical Eye Centre, Bangalore
- Sree Renga Hospital, Chengalpattu- Tamil Nadu
- Kauvery Hospital, Trichy- Tamil Nadu
- Jabalpur Hospital & Research Centre, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
- Meenakshi Hospital, Thanjavur
- Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai
- NASA & HUB Superspeciality Hospital, Jalandhar
- AJ Hospital & Research Institute, Mangalore
- Little Flower Hospital & Research Centre, Angamaly
- Vijaya Medical & Educational Trust, Chennai
- Nirmal's Eye Hospital, Chennai
- Meenakshi Mission Hospital & Research Centre, Madurai
- Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore
- Madhuraj Hospital Pvt. Ltd, Kanpur
- Annai Velankanni Multispeciality Hospital , Tirunelveli
- Ganga Medical Centre & Hospital, Coimbatore
- Bombay Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Mumbai
- Bombay Hospital, Indore